My “Summer”, so far…
I haven’t been around much, lately. Mostly because I’ve been sick for nearly two weeks now. Yuck, a nasty sinus infection throw me off my feet and into my bed. It is so boring and frustrating when you have to spend the first sunny days of all year in bed in or in front of your TV.
Other than being sick, I had a pretty rough time lately. Most of it is a shitload of white whining, but I’ve also been suffering from some depressive episodes due to the bad weather and severe bullshit my friends had to go through. But other than that I tried to make the best of all and keep my head up straight.
So let me show you what’s going on in my live through Instagram (haha, shut up, I like IG, I made some awesome friends there ^^. Follow me, I’m “MarySew”).
- In anticipation of the summer I got myself a new bathing suit ^^. Even though I haven’t had the opportunity to take it out to a beach/lake/outdoor pool, it serves me well in my weekly indoor swimming sessions.
- We went to a little zoo, not far from where we live. So adorable and with great living conditions for the animals (they mostly have woodland creatures, farm animals etc). And look at this little fella. His “eyebrows” cracked me up so hard!
- I got myself a new cook book on vegan living. I’m not a fully grown vegan (yet?) but I try to eat as many vegan meals as possible. This book has a lot of tips how to substitute milk, eggs etc. Great read!
- We took a little day Trip to Dusseldorf with our friends. Such a nice city, I never thought it would be so charming. I always imagined it as totally posh and stiff-upper-lip. But we had a great time and the weather was very nice.
- A view on the Rhine in Dusseldorf.
- Whenever the rain would stop for a few minutes I tried and get out as often as I could. Taking walks through the nearby woods. I love it, the boyfriend hates it (it’s all uphill ^^).
- Vegan French Toast with ALL THE FRUITS. Omnomnom! Try it, it is very easy and so much lighter than the egg-version (that means, you can eat more ^^). Here is the recipe.
- Rain during my lunch break. Depressing, eh?
- I’m currently ready “the Mirage” by Matt Ruff. I love his books, they are always superbly written and very very clever. This one is great ,too, though I’m having some problems with it.. ah well, I should start writing book recs on my blog.
- I have a bike! It’s super old, had to go under a complete makeover and coast me more than a new one (no, not really, it was still a bargain, but we had to put so much money/new parts and work into it ^^). Her name is Eurelia and I will dedicate a real post to her soon!
- I’m starting a riot! Anti-Sexism stickers came in the mail :D
- Crazy rate lady. Can you spot the three furry creatures on me? (also, I’m pretty sick here, sorry)
- I helped my Cyberloxx crew out on the Amphi Festival once more and met so many amazing friends. It’s always a such a blast, can’t believe it was the last festival we’ll be working :(
- Now this is the best vegan/guilt free icecream EVER! And so easy! Try it, it’s so much better than anything you can buy :D (I added some oatmilk to the original recipe).
- My friends gave me Skyrim for a late birthday present. I love it so much! I lusted over it for so long and finally I can play it ^^. Look at my fierce Level 20 Wood Elf. Wohoo!
Thanks for reading about my boring life! I love you :D